Saturday, January 30, 2010

Elvis Presley Painting with Cheese Puffs on Velvet - Cheesy Art in Cheetos

www.eclecticasylum.com Limited Edition Prints available now. Music "Rocking with Elvis" by Dean Vegas (Elvis Tribute Artist) http The Story behind the painting. If you have watched some of my other videos you have noticed I sometimes use common objects in an artistic way. I do this because many types of art are far removed from the average person. Creating art with things people come in contact with in their daily lives closes that gap. So the idea for this piece came from...what else...eating cheetos. My fingers turned orange and I noticed it created an accidental mark on my clothes. From there my thoughts went to fabric as a surface....poof...it made me think of velvet paintings. The Virgin of Guadalupe, Unicorns, and probably the most famous incarnation of velvet painting. The Velvet Elvis. It's kitsch. It's cheesy. Thus a Velvet Elvis painted with cheese puffs.
Read More... [Source: YouTube Videos tagged with painting]

No comments:

Post a Comment